Catch the Stick is an Egyptian children's game which requires quick thinking and good co-ordination.
Age: Adults and older children
No. of players: 3+ players
Equipment: one stick for each player (about 1.5 metres/5 feet long)
Time: 5-10 minutes per round
Aim: To catch the next stick on your right before it falls down.
1. Players form a large circle, with about 5 paces between each player. Players must hold their sticks upright in front of them with one end touching the ground and the sticks held towards the middle of the circle.
2. The leader calls out the word 'Change'. Everyone lets go of their stick with it remaining balanced. They run to the next stick on their right and try to catch it before it falls to the ground.
3. If a player fails to catch their neighbour's stick before it falls to the ground they are out of the game and take the stick with them.
4. The circle is reduced in size to remove the gaps and make it easier for all players to compete fairly.
5. The winner is the player who is left after everyone else's sticks have fallen.
|Click on the links below for more Worldwide Games such as ...|
Do you have a favourite Worldwide game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Worldwide game and/or check out other readers' favourite Worldwide games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Worldwide game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!