Dakpanay is a popular chasing game played by children in the Philippines.
Age: All ages
No. of players: up to 20
Time: 10+ minutes
Aim: To avoid being tagged.
1. To play the game, four or five large circles are drawn on the ground. They need to be approximately 3 metres (or 3 paces) in diameter. The circles should be at least five metres ( five yards) away from each other.
2. Choose one player to be the chaser.
3. The players run from one circle to the other while the chaser tries to tag them. Players are only allowed to remain in a circle for up to one minute before they must run to a different circle.
4. The chaser is not allowed to step into any of the circles. He can tag the players as they run from circle to circle or he can tag a player if he can reach them from outside the circle (but see step 5).
5. One of the circles is chosen as the safe circle. The chaser is not allowed to tag any player who is in that circle.
6. A player who is tagged becomes the next chaser.
Source: Adapted from "Games Around the World" UNICEF New York
|Click on the links below for more Worldwide Games such as ...|
Do you have a favourite Worldwide game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Worldwide game and/or check out other readers' favourite Worldwide games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Worldwide game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!