Tap the Line is very popular among the boys and girls in Belgium.
No. of players: 10 or more
Equipment: A pole (or a tree)
Time: 5+ minutes
Aim: To avoid being caught by the Tapper.
1. Before the game is played, mark out the playing area around the pole (or tree) which is in the centre.
2. Choose one player to be the Tapper. His job is to tag players. The first player he tags has to race him to the pole. If the Tapper reaches the pole first the tagged player is now the prisoner and has to stand next to the pole touching it with either his hand or his foot. This player is called the 'bogey'.
3. If the one tagged reaches the pole first he is allowed to continue playing in the game.
4. The Tapper now tags other players who, if caught, have to hold onto the bogey's free hand and make a long line.
5. At any time during the game other players are able to try and free the bogey (and any players attached to him) by touching him or any player in the line. The players then become free to run around again. Therefore the Tapper must be watching all the time.
6. The game is finished when the Tapper has caught all the players and has them standing in a line at the pole.
Source: Adapted from Games Around the World 4H LAL 90 edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/4H/4H05500.pdf
|Click on the links below for more Worldwide Games such as ...|
Do you have a favourite Worldwide game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Worldwide game and/or check out other readers' favourite Worldwide games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Worldwide game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!