Age: All ages
No. of Players: Any number
Equipment: One pen/pencil and Trivia worksheet per person
Time: 10+ minutes
Aim: To test your knowledge of the common carols that we sing each Christmas.
Each player will need a copy of the Christmas Songs Trivia worksheet. You can download a free printable version of the worksheet (without answers) by clicking here.
Before you can open or print the worksheet, you will need Adobe Reader (the latest version is recommended) installed on your computer. Most computers already have it installed. If not, you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader here (a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on the link. However, if you want to download the file to view or print it later, then right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save File As." Then select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
Once you have saved the file, locate where you saved it, and double click to open. You can then print the board by clicking on the "Print" icon or the File->Print menu.
You will also need to print out this page with the answers, or write them on a printed Christmas Songs Trivia worksheet.
1. Complete the sentence: "Joy to the world, the Lord is come; Let earth receive ... "
[... her King]
2. The second verse of a common carol begins "Shepherds, why this jubilee? Why your joyous strains prolong?" How does the first verse begin?
[Angels we have heard on high, Sweetly singing o'er the plains]
3. What instrument was "Silent Night" written for?
4. What is the chorus for "The First Noel"?
[Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, Born is the King of Israel]
5. In the carol "Silent Night", how did the Child sleep?
[Sleep in heavenly peace]
6. What was the News! News! that made the Good Christian men rejoice?
[Jesus Christ is born today]
7. According to the carol, in what city "stood a lowly cattle shed"?
[Once in royal David's city]
8. In "Away in a Manger", what looked down where Jesus lay?
[The stars in the bright sky]
9. What are the correct words for "While shepherds washed their socks at night"?
[While shepherds watched their flocks by night]
10. What does "Gloria in excelsis Deo" mean?
[Glory to God in the highest]
11. Complete the first line: "As with gladness men of old, Did the ..."
[... the guiding light behold]
12. With what three things were the good Christian men to rejoice?
[Heart and soul and voice]
13. Complete the missing words: "O ... , how still we see thee lie"
[Little town of Bethlehem]
14. What is the next word? "The first Noel, the angel did ..."
15. According to the carol, "The First Noel", what season was it?
16. Which famous composer wrote the words for the carol "Joy to the World"?
17. "Stille Nacht" is the original German title for which common carol?
18. Which carol has the words "And heaven and nature sing" repeated as a chorus?
[Joy to the World]
19. How many times are the words "O come let us adore Him" said in the chorus to "O Come All Ye faithful"?
20. "Go tell it on the mountain, Over the hills and everywhere, Go tell it on the mountain, That ..."
[... Jesus Christ is born]
21. Who sang "Glory to the new-born King; Peace on earth and mercy mild, God and sinner reconciled"?
[The herald angels]
22. Name the carol that has the line, "Above thy deep and dreamless sleep, The silent stars go by".
[O Little Town of Bethlehem]
23. According to "Away in a Manger", what happened to Jesus after the cattle were lowing and He awoke?
[No crying He makes]
24. Complete the line: "Christians awake! Salute the ..."
[... happy morn]
25. Who traversed afar over "Field and fountain, Moor and Mountain"?
[We three Kings]
|Click on the links below for more Christmas Party Games including ...|
Do you have a favourite Christmas Party game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Christmas Party game and/or check out other readers' favourite Christmas Party games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Christmas Party game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!