Monster is a variation of Beetle, one of those perennial favourite games after meals or at reunions or get-togethers. Players sit around a table. An adult or older child may need to help young children.
Age: All ages
No. of players: 2-8 (If there are more than about 6-8 players, they can be divided into smaller groups)
Equipment: One piece of paper and pen/pencil per player and one die per group
Time: 15 minutes+
Aim: To be the first player to complete their drawing by throwing the correct numbers on a die.
1. Each player takes turns to throw the die once. (The plural of die is dice.) Depending on the number shown on the die, the player can draw a different part of the monster.
2. Players need to throw a 'one' before they can start in order to draw the body. During their next turn, they throw the die again and can draw a different part, according to the table below.
3. Players must complete the body in order. They must draw both eyestalks before they draw the eyes, and the eyes must be drawn before the mouth. They will also need to throw a 'three' twice (once for each eyestalk), a 'four' twice (once for each eye) and a 'six' four times (once for each leg). This means you will need to throw the die in the following order - 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6.
4. Of course, players can improve their drawing and make it prettier or scarier if they wish, as long as it has the right number of body parts.
5. The first player to complete their drawing shouts 'Monster!' and wins the game.
|Click on the links below for more Family Parlor Games including ...|
Do you have a favourite Parlor game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Parlor game and/or check out other readers' favourite Parlor games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Parlor game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!