Pig Card Game is a fun card game for children, although an adult or older child may be needed to help run the game. Players need to be able to work quickly to gather a set of four cards.
Age: All ages
No. of Players: 3 or more
Equipment: One deck of standard cards.
Time: 5+ minutes
Aim: To be the first player to collect four cards of the same type.
1. Take out one set of four cards of the same rank for each player. For example, if there were six players, you could use four 2s, four 5s, four 7s, four 10s, four Queens and four Kings. Place the remainder of the deck to one side - it will not be needed for the rest of the game.
2. The cards are shuffled and dealt face down so that each player receives four cards. Players pick up their cards and look at them, deciding which rank they will try to collect as a complete set.
3. At a given signal, each player chooses one card to pass, face down, to the player on their left before picking up the card that has been passed to them by the player on their right. It may be useful if the dealer sets a rhythm, such as "Pick up - Choose a card - Put it down - Pass to the left".
4. Players may choose to collect a different set if they realise that another player seems to be trying for the same set they are collecting.
5. When a player collects a full set of cards of the same rank (for example, K♥ K♦ K♣ K♠) they place their finger on their nose. The other players also put their finger on their nose as soon as they notice, whether they have collected a set or not. (Players with their finger on their nose should still continue to pass cards to their left so that the rhythm is not broken.) The last player to put their finger on their nose loses the round and gets a letter - "P".
6. The cards are collected, shuffled and dealt again for the next round. A losing player will be given a letter, "P" if it's their first loss, or "I" or "G" for their second or third loss. The first player to get P-I-G loses Pig Card Game.
Alternative: Donkey Card Game is identical to Pig Card Game except that the losing players works through the letters D-O-N-K-E-Y. This makes a longer game that may suit older players or when there are only a few players.
|Click on the links below for more Card Games such as ...|
|More card games for two players
||Card games for children of all ages
Hockey Card Game
My Ship Sails
Clock Patience (for one player)
Do you have a favourite Card game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Card game and/or check out other readers' favourite Card games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Card game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!