Round the Clock is an easy game for young children as soon as they can recognise the number of spots on dice and can count to twelve. It is a useful game to help children as they learn these skills.
Age: All ages
No. of players: 2 to 4
Equipment: Two dice
Time: 5 minutes+
Aim: To be the first player to throw all the numbers from 1 to 12 in order.
1. Players throw the dice, the player with the lowest total going first.
2. Player One throws both dice, hoping to throw a '1'. Players take it in turns (in a clockwise direction) looking to throw a '1'.
3. On the next round, any player who did not throw a '1' in the first round will try again this round, while those players who did throw a '1' will try to throw a '2'. They can either throw a '2' or they could throw two '1s'.
4. Play continues round by round with players trying to throw all the numbers from 1 to 12 in sequence. They can count the spots on just one die or on both dice added together. For example, throwing a '2' and a '5' could be counted as '2', '5' or '7'.
5. The first player to go Round the Clock (throw all the numbers from 1 to 12 in order) wins the game.
Variation: A player can keep throwing the dice during their turn until they fail to get the number they are trying for.
|Click on the links below for more Dice Games such as ...|
Do you have a favourite Dice game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Dice game and/or check out other readers' favourite Dice games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Dice game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!