War Card Game is a simple and enjoyable game for children of all ages.
Age: All ages
No. of Players: 2 players
Equipment: Standard deck of 52 cards (no jokers)
Time: 10+ minutes
Aim: To be the first player to win three wars.
1. The deck is well shuffled and all the cards are dealt (face down) equally.
2. One player turns over their top card and puts it on the table face up between the players. The other player then turns over their top card and places it face up on the first card.
3. The player who put down the highest card (with Aces low; that is A, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, J, Q, K in order from lowest to highest) picks up both cards and puts them face down at the bottom of their pile of cards. The winning player then puts down the first card for the next play.
4. If the two cards matched (made a pair; for example 6♦ and 6♣), the players have a 'War'. They each put down another card, before putting down a third card each. The highest card of the third set wins the 'War' and gets all six cards. If the third set was another matching pair, they each put down another card and then a fifth card to see who wins the war and picks up all ten cards, and so on if any further matching pairs occur during a war.
5. The winner of War Card Game is the first player to win three wars.
Variations: The winner could be the first player to win all the cards (which could take a very long time) or the first player to win five or seven wars if you want a slightly longer game.
|Click on the links below for more Card Games such as ...|
|More card games for two players
||Card games for children of all ages
Hockey Card Game
My Ship Sails
Clock Patience (for one player)
Do you have a favourite Card game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Card game and/or check out other readers' favourite Card games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Card game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!