Crazy Eights Card Game is a fun game for players of all ages, similar to the commercial game Uno except it uses a standard deck of cards.
Age: All ages
No. of Players: 2 to 6 players
Equipment: One standard deck of cards without jokers
Time: 10+ minutes
Aim: To be the first player to put down all your cards.
(See the Glossary if you are confused about any card game terms. The Glossary will open in a new window.)
1. Deal out cards to everyone playing. If two people are playing deal out seven cards each. If three or more people are playing then deal out five cards to each player.
2. Place the remaining cards in the centre of the table face down. This is the pick-up pile.
3. Take the top card from the pick-up pile and place it face up next to the pile, becoming the discard pile.
4. The player to the left of the dealer now starts Crazy Eights Card Game. They can choose to either put a card on the discard pile or take a card from the pick-up pile.
5. In order to place a card on the discard pile it has to be either the same suit or the same number as the card at the top of the pile. For example if the card on top of the discard pile was the Five of Diamonds then you can put down any Five or any Diamond.
6. If a you cannot put down any card then you need to pick up a card from the pick-up pile. A card that is picked up cannot be put down until the next round.
7. The four Eights (8♠ 8♣ 8♦ 8♥) are wild cards that can be placed on any number or suit, hence the name Crazy Eights Card Game. The player who plays an Eight can nominate the suit as play continues. For example, the player who put a wild card on the discard pile chooses Clubs as the suit, so the next player must put down a club (or another Crazy Eight) or pick up.
8. Play continues in a clockwise direction until someone has put down all their cards. The first player to get rid of all their cards wins this round of Crazy Eights. Play can continue as long as the players wish, with a new dealer for each round.
|Click on the links below for more Card Games such as ...|
|More card games for two players
||Card games for children of all ages
Hockey Card Game
My Ship Sails
Clock Patience (for one player)
Do you have a favourite Card game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Card game and/or check out other readers' favourite Card games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Card game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!
The Family Guide to Party Games
The Family Guide to Christmas Games (Volume 1)
The Family Guide to Christmas Games (Volume 2)
The Family Guide to Printable Board Games
The Family Guide to Printable Travel Games