Jontim is an easy card game for two to six players that is fun and challenging.
Age: Adults and older children
No. of players: 2 to 6 players
Equipment: Deck of cards (no jokers)
Time: 10+ minutes
Aim: To be the first to collect a set of four cards.
Jontim uses a standard pack of cards with the jokers removed.
1. Shuffle the cards and deal seven cards to each player. The rest of the cards are placed face down in a pile in the middle of the table.
2. Each player looks at their cards, deciding if there are any pairs (or more) to try to make a set of four of the same rank (for example, 6♥, 6♦, 6♠, 6♣). Note that 7s and Jacks are special cards (see step 5 below) and cannot be collected as sets.
3. The player to the left of the dealer puts down any card (face up) on the table and picks up one card from the pile in the middle.
4. The next player puts down a card and can pick up one card from either the middle pile or the card on the table put down by the first player. Play continues around the table, with each player putting down a card and then picking up a card, either from the top of the pile or any face-up card on the table.
5. All "Jacks" and "Sevens" are special cards. When a player puts down a "Jack", they can pick up two cards from the middle pile (if there are no cards left in the pile, they may then choose any two face-up cards from the table). A player who puts down a "Seven" can choose one card from any other player's hand at random, without seeing their cards.
6. The first player to make a set of four cards puts them face up on the table and wins the game.
Variation 1: You could use one or both "Jokers" as wild cards to make up your set of four cards.
|Click on the links below for more Card Games such as ...|
|More card games for two players
||Card games for children of all ages
Hockey Card Game
My Ship Sails
Clock Patience (for one player)
Do you have a favourite Card game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Card game and/or check out other readers' favourite Card games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Card game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!
The Family Guide to Party Games
The Family Guide to Christmas Games (Volume 1)
The Family Guide to Christmas Games (Volume 2)
The Family Guide to Printable Board Games
The Family Guide to Printable Travel Games