Miju is a family parlor game for 3 to 5 players or teams, with simple rules that is deceptively difficult to win.
Age: Adults and older children
No. of Players: 3 to 5 (or 3 to 5 teams)
Time: 10+ minutes
Aim: To be the player who accumulates the most points by guessing the hidden word.
1. Visit the Miju website and download a list of words (Christmas, Halloween, Summer, Birthday, Dinner Party, or Family Game Night). Print them, cut them out and place them face down on the table.
2. The first player takes a word at random and makes a short sentence (maximum six words) using that word.
3. The other players take turns guessing which word in the sentence was the chosen word.
4. Any player who guesses the correct word has their score increased by the number of words in the sentence.
5. The next player then chooses another word and makes up a sentence with one less word than the previous player.
For example, the chosen word could be "wishes". A player could make the sentence "Beautiful wishes encourage bountiful gifts." Other players may guess "beautiful, encourage, bountiful or gifts" and would receive no points for that round but the player/s who chose "wishes" would receive five points (one point per word in the sentence). The next player would need to make a sentence that used a different word and only four words.
NOTE: If playing in teams, players may confer before choosing which word they believe is the hidden word. However, when it is a team's turn to create a sentence with a hidden word, only one player makes up the sentence in each round (without talking to their team mates), with different players taking turns each round.
Copyright 2011 Anthony Dickinson (www.mijuthegame.com). Reproduced with permission.
|Click on the links below for more Parlor Games including ...
Do you have a favourite Parlor game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Parlor game and/or check out other readers' favourite Parlor games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Parlor game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!
The Family Guide to Party Games
The Family Guide to Christmas Games (Volume 1)
The Family Guide to Christmas Games (Volume 2)
The Family Guide to Printable Board Games
The Family Guide to Printable Travel Games