Shoe Game is an icebreaker game that is ideal for family reunions, Christmas parties and other times when a group of people need to get to know each other.
Age: Adults and older children
No. of players: Large groups
Time: 5+ minutes
Aim: To find the owner for each shoe.
For this game to work effectively, players should have no idea about the game before it starts. Explain each step one at a time (that is, get everyone to complete Step 1 before telling them Step 2 and so on)
1. Players should be seated in a circle, facing inwards.
2. Each player takes off their shoes/sandals/etc. (If they are not wearing their shoes, they will need to collect them from where they took them off.) All the players put their left shoe in one central pile and their right shoe into a separate pile before sitting back down. The second pile should be out of the way since it is only the left shoes that are used in this game.
3. On the command "Go", players go to the central pile and select one shoe that does not belong to them, before re-taking their seats.
4. One player then takes their shoe and walks up to any other player. They say, "Excuse me, Sir/Madam. My name is ... Is this your shoe?" If the shoe does belong to the second player, the first player gives them their shoe and takes the second player's shoe before repeating this step with a third player. If the shoe does not belong to the second player, the first player sits back down and the second player tries to find the owner of the shoe they are holding.
5. Play continues until everyone has received their shoe.
|Click on the links below for more Ice Breaker Games including ...
Do you have a favourite Ice Breaker game that you want to share with all our readers? You can share YOUR Ice Breaker game and/or check out other readers' favourite Ice Breaker games. It's easy! Just click on this share YOUR Ice Breaker game link and follow the instructions.
Thank you for visiting our website!
The Family Guide to Party Games
The Family Guide to Christmas Games (Volume 1)
The Family Guide to Christmas Games (Volume 2)
The Family Guide to Printable Board Games
The Family Guide to Printable Travel Games